The kitchen is the energy warehouse of the entire house. You cook delicious and nutritious food for the whole of the family to stay healthy and energetic throughout the day. In doing so, often there can be water or some other spills on the floor that can lead to accidents. A waterproof kitchen floor mat is the perfect piece that can get you covered in such a situation.
Though some people consider waterproof kitchen floor mats for the above-explained reason, some other people have different thoughts. Some people install rugs in place of mats, while some people still do not find the need for a carpet or a rug in the kitchen.
Difference Between Carpets, Rugs, Mats
There is nothing to get confused between carpets, rugs, and mats if you know the basic features.
A carpet usually is relatively bigger in size so that it can cover up the entire floor. It can stay up on the floor for months, and then you can remove it to clean it or to replace it with another one.
Many people may mistake a rug also to a carpet. But a rug is smaller in size than the carpet. Also, rugs are now available in different shapes, such as oval.
On the other hand, a mat is even smaller than a rug and is enough for a person to stand on it. Today, waterproof kitchen floor mats are available from different fabrics such as cotton, rubber, synthetic, and others. These are also obtainable in different forms and designs as per your choice.
What Are Kitchen Mats For?
Though mats are available in different fabrics, waterproof kitchen mats are usually made up of rubber. There can be different patterns and options available, such as a plain rubber mat or rubber mat with acupuncture holes. Waterproof Kitchen mats are widely used today by people for several benefits that they offer. Some of such benefits are:
- They offer comfort by relieving you from fatigue while working in the kitchen for a long time.
- It keeps you away from accidents such as you might slip if you stand or walk on water that has fallen on the floor.
- Mats also protect the floor from grease or other items.
Should They Be Used In The Kitchen?
Waterproof Floor Mats are an essential element for any kitchen today. Whether it is the kitchen of a restaurant or home, mats are an indispensable element for two fundamental reasons: sanitation and comfort.
- Standing for long on the bare floor can cause fatigue. Floor Mats are an extremely great idea to keep you away from such fatigue.
- Secondly, these waterproof floor mats also protect you from accidents that may happen over water spillage on the bare tile floor.
- Food or another greasy item spillage on the floor can create a mess. Mats are useful in keeping the floor clean in such a case too.
What Are Anti-Fatigue Mats?
When you are cooking or working in the kitchen for a longer time, you may feel tired due to the cement flooring. Today, most people install tiles on their kitchen flooring. This, again, can be a cause for exhaustion for people at work in the kitchen.
Mats are a great option in such a case. Today, there are also options of anti-fatigue mats available to release such fatigue. These mats are made up of different materials such as rubber, wood, vinyl, or carpentry material.
Anti-fatigue mats are not just something that you will need only in your kitchen. These mats help many such people who have a career where they need to stand for long hours, such as front desk executives. Standing on these mats can help stay relaxed of the muscle fatigue that may happen due to long-standing schedules.
Keeping Kitchen Mat From Slipping
Waterproof Kitchen Floor Mats that have a rubbery back will not offer the trouble of slipping around. Even if there is water on the floor, such mats will stay intact on the floor. But the problem may happen with the mats that do not have a rubber backing, such as those mats made up of carpentry materials.
In such a situation, the mat may cause accidents too. But you can prevent the kitchen mat from slipping around with the use of a small trick.
All you need to do is use a double-sided carpet tape and put it on the back of the mat. Now put it back on the floor where it will stick to the floor. This way, it will not slip.
The only problem is that the tape may leave a residue on the floor when you remove it. Thus, a mat with a rubbery mat is the best option in such a situation.
Washing Waterproof Kitchen Floor Mats
Before washing the kitchen mats, it is essential to remove the dust and debris from it. For doing so, you should make use of the vacuum cleaner. Often not removing the debris before cleaning can destroy the fabric of the mat.
After you have dusted the mat well with the help of a vacuum cleaner, you can wash it in the washing machine in delicate mode. You can use the regular detergent for the washing the mats.
If the mat is more significant in size or commercial purposes, washing it in the washing machine may not be possible. In such a case, you can make use of hose pipes to wash to the mat. Make use of high pressure of water to clean the rug efficiently.
How Often To Replace A Kitchen Floor Mat?
Usually, it is ideal for replacing the kitchen mat after a year. But there are also some signs that you should notice to decide whether you should replace the kitchen mat or not. Here are some of the alerts that you should follow.
- Some urethane floor mats are durable and can stay up to 5 years. But it is always a good idea to check the mats after a year to decide whether you should replace it or not.
- If you notice fading on the kitchen mats after a year, it is time that you should replace it.
- If it is getting harder to clean the stains and dirt of the mat, you should replace it with a fresh one.
- Another sign is when you start finding girth and dirt below the mat even after cleaning.
- Most waterproof kitchen mats come with rubber backing to keep the carpet away from being slippery. But when the rug has recently become slippery, it is the time to replace it.
- If the anti-fatigue mat is no more comfortable, you should surely replace it with a new one.
The kitchen mats’ pricing depends mostly upon the carpet’s fabric and the size and texture of the rug. Usually, they are not expensive, and you can get them at a much affordable cost of $15. The price may keep on increasing with the size and quality of the mat.
Kitchen floor mats are an essential ingredient in a kitchen interior. It not just offers comfort and protection to you but also enhances the look of the entire kitchen. They are available in different options so that you can get the one that suits your taste the most.